At Harper Grey LLP, we will put together the resources that you need right away, including the best medical experts to evaluate your condition and the financial resources to support you and your family.
We work cooperatively with all parties to settle your case for what you’re entitled to; if we can’t get what we think you deserve we will go to court for you. Our goal is always the same: to help improve the quality of your life after an accident and to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We are large.
- Most litigators in a regional BC law firm
- 23 practice areas
- 59 lawyers
- +100 staff
We are established.
- Harper Grey was founded in 1907. We are one of the oldest and most established firms in the province.
We are leaders in the law.
- More than 20 Queen’s Counsel appointments.
- 1 former partner appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of BC.
- 6 former partners appointed BC Supreme Court Justices.
- 4 former partners appointed BC Court of Appeal Justices.
- 1 former partner elected BC MLA and appointed the Minister of Technology, Innovation and Citizens’ Services.
- Our first name partner, Art Harper, was treasurer of the Law Society and instrumental in establishing the first Law foundation in the commonwealth, which model has been used in all of the provinces.
We are highly ranked.
- Ranked 7 – Top 10 Regional Firms in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2015-2017
- Ranked 10 – Top 10 Regional Firms in British Columbia, Alberta and the Territories by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, 2012-2014
- 20 Harper Grey lawyers across 13 specialty areas of practice earning a total of 31 rankings by Best Lawyers® in Canada 2010.
- 12 Harper Grey lawyers recognized for litigation expertise by Benchmark Canada 2015 in a variety of practice areas.
- 9 Harper Grey lawyers recognized as “Leading Practitioners” across 4 practice areas by the 2015 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory.
- “Highly Recommended” firm ranking from Benchmark Canada 2015 for the third consecutive year.
- Recognized as a “Leading Firm” in the area of Litigation – Commercial Insurance (Consistently Recommended) by 2015 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
- Recognized as a “Leading Firm” in the area of Litigation – Medical Negligence (Repeatedly Recommended) by 2015 Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory
We are leaders in the community.
- Serving as Chairs or Vice-chairs of various CBA and Law Society sections and subsections.
- Serving as Directors, Chairs and Treasurers of numerous societies and associations
- Authors of academic articles in leading reference and law journals.
- Authors of timely and topical articles in various industry specific publications.
- Acting as adjunct professors of law.
- Volunteering with various law schools.
- Presenting and participating in multiple seminars.
- Providing sponsorship support and volunteering with Access Pro Bono
We have access to resources.
- In some cases we will provide financial assistance in the form of a loan. This ensures that clients who cannot afford appropriate medical care or rehabilitation can receive treatment before settlement or trial.
- It is not unusual for us to invest $300,000 in a critical injury case; in one case we invested over $500,000